Here are twenty images of castles either in the UK, Ireland or France. Can you name them all? No prizes except the honour of knowing your castles.
- Where is this iconic Norman keep?
2) Where is this mighty tower house?
3) Which “bawdy” castle is this?
4) This is the main entrance to the keep of which Welsh castle?
5) Where is this motte? The CST co-funded a geophysical survey of this War of Independence castle that transformed our understanding of its history.
6) This is the courtyard of which English castle is this?
7) This is a pre First World War image of which castle? It’s not the name on the left of the image.
8) In which royal castle is this chapel?
9) At which royal castle can you find this motte?
10) Where is this royal favourite which was brought back to life with the help of CST funds?
11) In which keep can you find this Great Hall?
12) Which castle is this prior to restoration?
13) The entrance to which castle is this?
14) Where can you find this gun tower?
15) Where is this castle, which the CST funded Dig It TV to produce a short video of?
16) This is an old image of which Irish castle?
17) Which castle is this an entrance to?
18) In which castle can one find this chapel window?
19) Which castle is this prior to restoration?
20) The CST has funded two projects on this motte and bailey castle. Where is it?
Answers will appear on this blog at some point week commencing 29 June.